- Vodafone Foundation Australia
- Media Centre
1. It is important to Vodafone that all eligible Vodafone customers are able to access our Service. Accordingly, We have devised a Fair Use Policy which applies to:
a) usage of the Service; and
b) any Vodafone promotions ("Promotions").
2. We reserve the right to vary the terms of the Fair Use Policy from time to time.
3. Vodafone may rely on the Fair Use Policy where:
a) your usage of the Service is unreasonable; or
b) your participation in a promotion is unreasonable, as defined below.
1. It is unreasonable use of the Service/Promotion where Your use of the Service/Promotion is reasonably considered by Vodafone to be fraudulent use, to be contrary to the way the Service/Promotion is intended to be used (“Intended Use”), or to adversely affect the Vodafone Network or other Vodafone customers' use of or access to the Service/Promotion or the Vodafone Network.
2. Among other things, "fraudulent use" includes resupplying the Service without Vodafone's consent so that someone else may access or use the Service or to take advantage of a Fair Use Promotion.
3. Among other things, use which is contrary to the Intended Use includes:
1. Where You are in breach of this Fair Use Policy, Vodafone may contact You to discuss changing Your usage so that it conforms to this Fair Use Policy.
2. If, after Vodafone has contacted you, Your unreasonable use continues, Vodafone may, without further notice to you:
a) suspend or limit the Service (or any feature of it) for any period We think is reasonably necessary; and/or
b) terminate Your agreement in accordance with the relevant Part of Section 2, Terms & Conditions of the Standard Form of Agreement.
Dated 1 July 2015
Applicable to all Services or Promotions entered into on or after 1 July.