Even more Vodafone customers to enjoy carefree travelling
Six more countries added to Vodafone’s $5 Roaming network
In the lead up to the holiday season, Vodafone today announced it has made its award-winning $5 Roaming even better with the addition of six new destinations including Canada, Samoa, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Vanuatu, and Solomon Islands.
$5 Roaming gives customers on eligible Vodafone plans the ability to use their home plan overseas in 58 international destinations for just $5 extra per day.
Vodafone’s Chief Marketing Officer Loo Fun Chee said expanding its $5 Roaming footprint means customers can now travel to all countries within North America and most destinations within the South Pacific worry free.
“No longer will they have the hassle of picking up a travel SIM, and they’ll still have the same connected experience as if they were at home,” said Ms Chee.
“We are proud to continue to lead the change in transforming the way Australian consumers and businesses roam, particularly to popular travel destinations for Australians such as the South Pacific and Canada. To put things into perspective, someone travelling to Canada for a 14-day holiday could save up to $130 off their total roaming bill by switching to Vodafone.
“Frequent flying business travellers will have the freedom to fly out for work without any worries about bill shock; it’s just a matter of switching on roaming before they take off. This will allow them to make calls and text and to use their data without the fear of a massive bill when they return home.
‘Whistralia’ now under $5 Roaming
About 40,000 Australians travel to Canada during the Northern Hemisphere winter, with the ski slopes of Whistler, or “Whistralia” as it’s affectionately known, being the favourite place for Australians to visit, according to Destination Canada.
Ms Chee said Vodafone remains committed to making international roaming affordable and easy to use, so that customers feel confident about using their smartphones overseas.
“The expansion of $5 Roaming to Canada comes ahead of the busy ski season, which is a clear favourite travel destination for Australians,” she said.
“This will mean when people travel to Canada in the next few months they can use their phone to take snaps when they’re on the ski slopes and be able share those moments on social media as soon as they happen, without having to find hotspots or rely on expensive hotel Wi-Fi.
“Those who take advantage of $5 Roaming will also be able to put the money they would have spent to pay for costly phone bills towards their lift passes or après-skiing instead.”
Note to editors:
- $5 Roaming can be used for a maximum of 90 days in any calendar year.
- Available to eligible customers for use in selected countries. $5 Daily Charge is in addition to minimum monthly spend. Customers who join or change to an eligible Plan will automatically be opted into $5 Roaming. All other eligible customers must choose to opt-in. Excludes Vodafone to Vodafone minutes for non-Red Plan customers. Full details at vodafone.com.au/roaming. Opt-out at any time, visit MyVodafone.com.au/ or call 1555. All roaming services subject to network availability. Offer ends 31 January 2017, unless extended.
- For more information on eligible Vodafone plans
- *On average, just over 11,000 Australians (11,358) travelled to Canada per month between June 2015-May 2016 (ABS 3401.0 – Overseas Arrivals Departures, Australia)
- All Vodafone services are subject to network availability, individual device capabilities and limitations of overseas networks. Some Vodafone services such as video calling, and calls to premium or special numbers will not be available while roaming in some countries.