Media statement - Samsung Galaxy Note7
Following recent reports of issues relating to replacement Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphones, Vodafone Australia is advising Samsung Galaxy Note7 customers to power down their Note7 smartphone as a precautionary measure and return them to their nearest Vodafone store, following advice from Samsung Electronics.
Customers who have a Galaxy Note7, both an original device purchased before 5 September 2016, or a new replacement smartphone are encouraged to visit a Vodafone store to discuss the remedy options available which include an exchange to a Galaxy S7 or S7 edge or full refund for their Galaxy Note7.
Before returning their Galaxy Note7, customers should back-up their data, complete a factory reset to delete personal information and power down their device.
Notes to editor
Remedies for original and replacement Note7 customers are as follows:
- For customers who have an original Note7 smartphone:
- Customers are eligible for a refund or an exchange for a Galaxy S7 or S7 edge (the difference will be refunded).
- Customers who have a loan or alternative smartphone and are waiting for a new replacement Note7 are advised to seek a refund or exchange to a Galaxy S7 or S7 edge (the difference will be refunded.)
- For customers who have received a replacement Note7 smartphone:
- Customers are eligible for a refund for the purchase price or a refund for the purchase price; or an exchange for a Galaxy S7 or S7 edge (the difference will be refunded.)