The all-new Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge to rock on Vodafone Red
Vodafone announces pricing, availability and bonus data offers for the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge
Vodafone today announced the sensational Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge will launch on its unequalled Red plans – with infinite standard national calls, infinite standard TXT, generous amounts of data and more award-winning features than any smartphone postpaid plan in Australia.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge are available to pre-order today online and will arrive in stores nationally on 10 April. There are two colours to choose from –White Pearl or Black Sapphire – and two memory options – 32GB and 64GB.
Both smartphones are available on a range of Red plans, including:
- $11 per month on Vodafone’s $70 Plan for the Galaxy S6 32GB (min monthly spend $81, total minimum cost $1944 over 24 months)
- $17 per month on Vodafone’s $70 Plan for the Galaxy S6 edge 32GB (min monthly spend $87, total minimum cost $2,088 over 24 months)
- $3 per month on Vodafone’s $80 Plan over 24 months for the Galaxy S6 32GB (min monthly spend $83, total minimum cost $1,992 over 24 months)
- $8 per month on Vodafone’s $80 Plan over 24 months for the Galaxy S6 edge 32GB (min monthly spend $88, total minimum cost $2,112 over 24 months).
“We’ve been big believers of the Galaxy since the very beginning,” said Ben McIntosh, Director of Sales at Vodafone. “We love the wayit looks, the way it feels, and its pure power. Galaxy is designed to keep up with you, and together with Vodafone Red and 4G, makes it a winning combination.”
Our three favourite GALAXY features
- Expertly created with metal and glass, the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge blends premium design with powerful capability, making it a pleasure to hold and use and is made from the toughest glass to date to enhance screen durability.
- A fast and bright camera to capture brilliant images, with a quick front and rear camera that works great even in lowlight conditions. The Galaxy S6 and S6 edge also feature a new “Quick Launch” feature providing fast, direct access to the camera from any screen by simply double clicking the home key button.
- Both devices boast a new industry standard for universal wireless charging. The devices work with any wireless pad available that supports WPC and PMA standards (sold separately). They also sport incredibly fast wired charging, providing about 4 hours of usage after only 10 minutes of charging, according to Samsung.
Red plans packed with PUNCH
Vodafone Red plans boast more award-winning features than any other smartphone contract plan in Australia.
Vodafone recently won two Canstar Blue Innovation Excellence Awards in recognition of its efforts to help customers find their data usage ‘groove’ with Data Workout, and to make roaming more affordable and simpler with $5 Roaming.
“When we designed Vodafone Red we talked to our customers to find out what they really liked about their phones and how we could make their experience more useful to them,” said Mr McIntosh.
“What we’ve packaged in Red are our most premium experiences to respond to how our customers want to use their phones.”
Vodafone Red plans offer unequalled inclusions, including infinite standard national calls, infinite standard TXT, huge amounts of data, and other bonus perks including:
- 300 standard international minutes every month to call family and friends.
- Fantastic value on roaming to 47 countries for only $5 extra a day, so you can take your phone overseas with you.
- A choice of a world-class music or news subscription, with Spotify Premium or The Age/SMH. (check plan details for length of subscription period)
- Data Workout, to help customers get better acquainted with their new smartphone by offering unlimited data when in Australia for the first two months of any 24-month contract.
Vodafone recently added another string to its ‘Red’ bow, with the addition of Vodafone Shared. Launched last month, Vodafone Shared plans are Australia’s first truly sharable plans that let you share more than just data. Vodafone Shared is designed in a way that allows customers to bundle multiple smartphones and tablets under one account and aggregate inclusions to share across multiple devices.
“We recognised many of our customers now have multiple mobiles devices, so we’ve made it easier for them to bundle additional mobile services with their Red plan if they want to, and maximise their combined inclusions,” said Mr McIntosh.
Notes to editor
- As at 3:00pm (ADST) 31/03/15, pricing currently advertised online on Vodafone.com.au for the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge is not representative of final pricing and offers for these devices. Pricing will be updated by 6:00pm (ADST) 31/03/15. Customers who have pre-ordered the devices prior to the pricing being updated will receive the updated pricing in any event. These will automatically be reflected in customers’ accounts.
- Vodafone 4G is available in selected areas of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Canberra, Newcastle, Wollongong, Geelong, Darwin and Hobart.
- Customers connecting to a $60, Red $80 or $100 plan will also enjoy bonus data, 1GB, 2GB and 4GB respectively, every month for up to 24 months. Offer ends 5 May 2015.
- Customers connecting to any 24-month Red plan online, will enjoy an extra 1GB of bonus data every month for up to 24 months. Offer ends 8 April 2015.
- Vodafone recently won two Canstar Blue Innovation Excellence Awards for Data Workout and $5 Roaming, both featured in Red plans.
- In 2014, Vodafone won the prestigious Communications Alliance and CommsDay Innovation – Large Company Award for its Red Plan.
|Samsung Galaxy S6/24 months
Samsung Galaxy S6 32GB 4G
Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB 4G
|Samsung Galaxy S6 edge/ 24 months
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 32GB 4G
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB 4G
|Data in Oz||2GB||3GB||4GB||6GB|
|Bonus data in Oz until 5 May8||1GB||n/a||2GB||4GB|
|Total data in OZ (with relevant bonus data offer, purchased in-store before 5 May)||3GB||3GB||6GB||10GB|
|Online store bonus data in Oz offer for 24-month plans purchased online before 9 April 9||1GB||1GB||1GB||1GB|
|Total data in Oz (with all relevant bonus data offers, purchased online before 9 April)||4GB||4GB||7GB||11GB|
|Standard national calls and TXT||Infinite||Infinite||Infinite||Infinite|
|Standard international calls2||n/a||300 mins||300 mins||300 mins|
|Your choice of:
Free Spotify Premium access3 or
Free The Sydney Morning Herald/ The Age subscription4
|n/a||6 months||12 months||Duration of plan (Spotify)
Or 12 months (SMH/The Age)
|Access to $5 Roaming in 47 countries (excludes some services, max 90 days)5||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Data Workout6 (Unlimited data for first two months on primary account||Included||Included||Included||Included|
All of this when in Australia. Total min cost for 24 mth plans is between $1440 – $2400. Phone costs additional.
In Oz, additional data is automatically added for $10 per 1GB ($0.01/MB)
For personal use by approved customers only. Inclusions expire after 1 month.
- Early exit fee is min monthly spend x months left on contract plus any handset payments.
- Calls charged in per minute increments. For rates over allocated minute allowance see vodafone.com.au/idd.
- Viewable on one device at a time on Shared plans. Spotify will consume data when downloading the App and/or accessing content. Spotify access starts when you activate your Vodafone account not when you activate with Spotify. Usually $11.99/mth. A plan upgrade will not change offer period. Full terms at www.vodafone.com.au/spotify/terms
- SMH/The Age subscription will consume data when accessing content. Data costs are not included and will come out of your monthly allowance. A plan upgrade will not change offer period. Usually $15.00/mth. Full terms at www.vodafone.com.au/legal
- Only available to eligible customers for use in selected countries. $5 Daily Charge is in addition to your minimum monthly spend. Customers who join or change to an eligible Plan with Vodafone from 23 April 2014 will automatically be opted into $5 Roaming. All other eligible customers must opt-in. Excludes Vodafone to Vodafone minutes for non-Red Plan customers. Full details of rates, countries and exclusions at vodafone.com.au/roaming. Vodafone $5 Roaming may be used for a max 90 days in any calendar year. Opt-out at any time, visit MyVodafone.com.au/ or call 1555. All roaming services are subject to network availability. Offer ends 1 July 2015, unless extended.
- Available before 1.1.15. Excludes Shared Plans. For first 2 billing months any additional data usage within Australia will be free. If you perform a Rate Plan Change, your eligibility ceases & data fees apply.
- Personal use only. Eligible Red plans are $50, $60, $80 Red SIM Only Plan or $70, $80, $100 Red plan (Primary Plan). Primary Plan is needed to buy a Shared plan or Shared data plan (Vodafone Shared Plan). Approved Customers only with up to 9 Vodafone Shared Plans allowed. Can’t share Talk International Add-on. If Primary Plan is disconnected any Vodafone Shared Plans attached will be cancelled Early Exit fees may apply. To see full details including eligible Primary Plans and Vodafone Shared Plans go to vodafone.com.au/shared.
- Bonus data available for months 1-24 only and is forfeited when you cancel your contract.
- Available to approved customers who sign up to any personal Red voice plan via shop.vodafone.com.au. Offer applies to standard data plan inclusions and excludes data add-ons. Bonus data applies from months 1-24 (24 month and month-to-month plans); months 1-12 (12 month plans); after which standard data inclusions apply. Bonus data forfeited if contract terminated early. Not transferrable and not redeemable for cash.
4G available with a 4G device, and plan with Vodafone Alerts.4G in selected cities in Australia. See vodafone.com.au/coverage.