Vodafone extending support for customers experiencing hardship
COVID-19 hardship initiatives available until 30 June, 2020
Vodafone has announced it has extended its support for customers in financial hardship due to COVID-19 until at least 30 June, 2020.
This is in addition to Vodafone’s temporary $10 Stay Connected Cap plan for customers experiencing financial difficulty which will be available from Monday 20 April, 2020.
To date, our customers have benefited approximately one million times from Vodafone’s unprecedented package of support initiatives rolled out since mid-March.
Vodafone Chief Customer Officer Ana Bordeianu said the company is continually monitoring the evolving situation and updating its initiatives to meet customers’ needs.
“It’s now clear that many customers will require continued support in the months ahead, and we want to keep them connected,” Ms Bordeianu said.
“We recognise this is a very stressful time for many people, and I want to assure our customers we will continue to have special arrangements in place for several months for those who are struggling to pay their bills.”
Vodafone is extending the end date for the following existing initiatives until 30 June, 2020:
- Unlimited standard national calls for all prepaid and postpaid customers who don’t already have this as a feature in their plan;
- Free-rating of official federal, state and territory government health websites and Centrelink, MyGov and Services Australia websites;
- Waiving of late payment fees;
- Suspension of services and debt collection activities will not apply to customers who have entered into a financial hardship plan.
Ms Bordeianu said existing Vodafone customers also have the option of applying to switch to its temporary $10 Stay Connected Cap plan from Monday 20 April until 20 May 2020 via the Vodafone website.
“For those customers who need a bit of help in the short term, our $10 Stay Connected Cap Plan gives them the option to bridge the gap for three months until they’re back on their feet,” she said.
Vodafone customers experiencing financial difficulty receive information about support measures and apply for assistance at Vodafone’s Financial Hardship webpage.
Stay Connected Cap Plan
- $10 per month available for three months only
- 3GB of mobile data for use in Australia only
- Unlimited standard national voice calls and SMS for use in Australia only
- Available to existing Vodafone customers on consumer voice plans and Business customers on Red or Red Plus plans only
- This plan is a month to month SIM Only plan.
- Applications will be available online only at vodafone.com.au from 20 April until 20 May, 2020 (unless extended)
- Proof of financial difficulty required (documentation may include Centrelink reference number, letter of unemployment, Jobkeeper reference number, receipt of Centrelink submission or Centrelink statement)
- After three months customers will be returned to their existing plan
- Payments on device (such as phones and tablets) and/or accessory plans will still be due