Vodafone sweetens the deal for high speed internet
New offer available on Vodafone nbn™ Premium including over $150 worth of value
Today Vodafone sweetens the deal for consumers looking for high speed home broadband. From now until 1st April, Vodafone Premium nbn™ (typical busy speed 83Mbps) will come with a bonus Vodafone TV and Google Home Mini valued at over $150.
The offer comes in addition to Vodafone’s price drop on all three Vodafone nbn™ plans late last year.
Vodafone General Manager of Fixed Broadband, Matthew Lobb says that the rise of the connected home and rush of IoT devices expected to hit the market this year will drive the demand for faster home broadband.
“2019 will be the biggest year for nbn connections and we want consumers to enjoy the full benefits of Vodafone nbn™,” said Mr Lobb.
“There is a growing trend for higher speed broadband with more than 80% of our customers choosing our nbn 50 and nbn 100 plans. We believe this is being driven by the smarthome revolution.”
“Last year, Australians had an average of 17 connected devices and this is expected to rise to 37 devices per household by 2022. Families in particular will need to ensure their home broadband can cater for the growing number of devices.”
“Vodafone Premium nbn™ is our fastest speed product. With a typical busy speed of 83mbps and the customer experience that Vodafone has become known for, the addition of two bonus smarthome products is the icing on the cake.”
Vodafone TV (RRP $72) runs on Google’s Android platform with access to apps and games through the Google Play Store. The device has been custom-built for Vodafone with key features including 4K compatible high definition resolution, access to a range of streaming services, free-to-air tuner and Google voice-search. A perfect complement to this is the Google Home Mini (RRP $79) – a smart speaker with the Google Assistant built in.
Unlock even more savings
The Vodafone Premium nbn™ plan can also be consolidated with eligible Vodafone services to unlock Bundle and Save discounts off plan fees.
Unlike any other telco reward program in Australia, Bundle and Save gives customers a sliding scale of discounts off eligible plan fees starting from 5% for two services and up to 20% for five services.
“This could reduce the monthly plan fee of Vodafone Premium nbn™ down from $89 to as low as $71.20 per month when bundled with four other eligible plans,” Lobb added.
Vodafone nbn™ expansion
Vodafone nbn™ has recently expanded its coverage area to every capital city and expanded its regional coverage to include the following regional centres and surrounding areas:
- NSW: Greater Sydney, Wollongong, Newcastle, Central Coast, Maitland, Forster, Goulburn, Wagga Wagga, Grafton, Lismore, Nowra, Batemans Bay, and other South Coast centres.
- VIC: Greater Melbourne, Geelong, Bendigo, Ballarat.
- QLD: Greater Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Cairns, Toowoomba, Townsville, Sunshine Coast.
- WA: Greater Perth, South Coogee, Rockingham, Albany, Esperance, Broome, Exmouth, Geraldton, and many other regional centres.
- SA: Greater Adelaide, Victor Harbour, Mount Gambier and other regional centres
- NT: Darwin and other regional centres.
- ACT & TAS
Notes to editors:
- For full T&Cs see https://www.vodafone.com.au/
- Vodafone nbn™ available in selected areas and nbn™ technologies. Speeds are variable and may be slower during peak times (7-11pm).
 Telsyte Research October 2018