The idea of your child owning a phone can be a little daunting at first, but here at Vodafone, we recognise that it’s an important milestone in their lives and an exciting step towards independence – so it should be cause for celebration! That’s why we’ve put together these helpful tips to make things easier when selecting their first phone plan.
Check out our top 4 things to look out for below:
1. Set data limits on your child’s plan to avoid bill shock
When managing the family budget, it’s important to know exactly how much you will be billed for your child’s plan per month. Our new Cap Plans1 will help ensure that you can sleep at night, knowing that data limits cannot be exceeded, and you can avoid data-overage charges. Plus, they will also help teach your child responsibility by keeping within their data limits. Cap Plans include a fixed amount of data to use in Oz & unlimited standard national calls & TXT. All other services & excess data are barred.
2. Choose a device that’s easy-to-use
With the world of smartphones constantly evolving, it’s important to have the ability to choose from a wide variety of phones that are suitable for all scenarios. Whether you want a phone with all the new bells and whistles or are looking for something simple for their first step into the digital world, we’ve got you covered, with devices that cater to a variety of different price ranges.
3. Think about how to protect your child online
One of the biggest questions surrounding first phones for children is safety and usage. That’s why we’ve partnered with Norton™ to help keep your family safe online. Norton Family Premier™ includes features such as web and location supervision for peace of mind, and Instant Lock to help you manage screen time and teach responsible phone usage. If you are a Vodafone postpaid voice customer, you can add Norton™ Family Premier as a month-to-month Add-on for only $4.49/month. Plus, we’re offering the first 2 months of your subscription free for Norton Family Premier at Vodafone. Hurry offer ends 11.02.19. Limit 1 discount per user per Norton™ product. T&Cs apply2
4. Prepare for lost, stolen or damaged phones with phone insurance
It’s always a good idea to have a back-up plan in case your child needs to repair their phone, or if it gets lost or stolen. At Vodafone, we offer two insurance options for your device that you can easily add to your monthly plan. Find out more online about the best coverage for your child with our Vodafone Keep Talking Insurance Options3.
If you have any questions or want to find out more, head into one of our stores and we can help you select the best plan for your family and ensure that your child’s first phone is the perfect first step into the digital world. Plus, check out more info for families online.
1. For personal use by approved customers only. On this plan, you can only use a set amount of data in Oz, make standard national calls and send standard national & international TXT. All other services (including international calls, Premium Services, 1223 &1225 directory services, 123 Ask-us-Anything, International Roaming, content purchases and call) will be barred. Once data inclusion is used, access to data will be cut off entirely until your next billing cycle (you may continue making standard calls and text within Australia). Data included in these plans is not shareable with any other plan on your account and vice versa. Min monthly spend applies. Inclusions expire after 1 month. Services subject to capabilities, network limitations & customer location.Vodafone Cap Red Month to Month plans: Min 1 month connection. To sign up, you must simultaneously purchase a phone from us under a Mobile Payment Plan (“MPP”) of 12, 24 or 36 months duration. Total minimum cost is one month of your plan fees plus 100% of the MPP instalments of your chosen device. There are no Early Exit Fees on Cap Red Plans but if you cancel, your MPP will also auto cancel and 100% of your remaining installments will be applied to your next bill. Recurring monthly plan fee charged until the end of the month in which you cancel. 12 month Vodafone Cap SIM Only plans: Early Exit Fee of 50% of Min Monthly spend x months left on contract applies. You must supply your own handset in order to sign up to one of these plans (you cannot have an MPP with this plan).
Symantec, the Symantec Logo, the Checkmark Logo and Norton are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
3 Minute Read