Samsung put mobile tech fans out of their misery this morning by announcing their most anticipated device this year: The Galaxy Note8. The new premium smartphone is bursting with features that has made this device well worth the wait. The best part? You don’t have to wait for much longer to get it in your hot little hands – the Note8 will be available to pre-order from August 25.
There are seven features in particular that will get people talking about this Note, continuing on Samsung’s innovative streak.
1. Introducing the biggest Infinity Screen yet
We’re talking 6.3 inches of all-screen from edge to edge. It’s built with Samsung’s highest resolution to date, so it’s bound to look pretty. Picture an infinity pool, but pocket-sized.
2. The device is a powerful note taking tool thanks to the S pen
You can now take notes even when the screen is off using the new Screen-off Memo function. Write messages and share them as a GIF with your contacts using the pressure-sensitive S Pen. You’ll be happy to leave your pen and paper behind!
3. The Note8 debuts the revolutionary Dual Camera
The Dual Camera design is one of the most hyped features debuting in the Note8, and the way of the future for smartphone photography. The two rear cameras give you sharp close ups and 2x optical zoom, so the Note8 can capture every detail.
4. Your smartphone security gets taken up a notch
The Note8 takes advantage of new technology to provide advanced security for your phone. The Iris Scanner identifies the unique pattern of your eye to unlock your phone – plus, you can use facial recognition technology, or the fingerprint scanner.
5. Water and dust resistance
The Note8 can handle real dunks underwater; it’s water-resistant up to 1.5 metres for up to 30 minutes. Sealed from the inside, it’s dust resistant too – so there’s no need for extra cases or covers.
6. Samsung’s most powerful smartphone processer
The Note8 is capable of superfast downloads – downloading at speeds of up to 1Gbps. It also features more RAM, helping to give you more power and seamless performance. For instance, there’ll be less buffering and fewer interruptions while you watch videos on Facebook or other apps – so now you can do more with your smartphone, for longer.
7. Wireless charging
Wireless charging is beginning to catch on – and Samsung are continuing to spearhead the trend with this smartphone, which joins its suite of other devices that are wireless charging compatible.
You can get the Samsung Galaxy Note8 and a no lock-in contract with Vodafone from August 25. Buy it outright, or get it interest free over 12, 24 or 36 months.1 No lock-in contract on selected new Red Plans – if you don’t love us, you can leave your plan and keep your phone, just pay us what’s left. Check out our new Red Plans.
Plus, get $100 bonus credit on your Vodafone account once you buy the Note8 and trade in ANY phone via our trade-in program powered by Ingram Micro®. Offer ends 17/10/17.2
1. Mobile Payment Plan (‘MPP’) available for personal use only to approved customers who simultaneously connect (and remain connected to) an active and eligible Vodafone Red plan. The outright price of your chosen device (as set by Vodafone at the time of purchase) will be spread in equal instalments over your chosen commitment period (12, 24 or 36 months). Once selected, this commitment period is fixed (unless you elect to pay your total remaining balance in full in one instalment). If during your MPP commitment period you cancel your Red Plan, your MPP will also be automatically cancelled and 100% of remaining MPP instalments plus outstanding charges on your voice plan will be applied to your next bill.
2. Personal use for approved customers only. Business customers must have an ABN/ACN. Available to customers who sign up or upgrade to a selected new Red Plan and a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on a Mobile Payment Plan (‘MPP’). Upon receipt of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, postpaid customers can get trade-in credit up to the value of $1,000 per service (‘Trade-in Credit’) on selected traded-in devices listed at www.vodafone.com.au/trade-in-phone/ that in-store Vodafone staff deem to be in Good Working Order according to Ingram Micro Pty Ltd’s Valuation Criteria (‘Eligible Device’). When you trade-in your Eligible Device, ownership transfers to Ingram. Vodafone stores act as a device collection point on behalf of Ingram. Valuations will vary. Not available to customers on an active MPP. Ingram reserves the right to change Eligible Devices at any time at their discretion. See http://www.vodafone.com.au/doc/trade-in-ingram-full-terms-06062017.pdf for full terms. Further $100 bonus credit available to customers who (i) sign up or upgrade to a selected new Red Plan and a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 on a Mobile Payment Plan (‘MPP’) and (ii) successfully trade in an Eligible Device (‘Bonus Credit’). Excludes rate plan change, Business Grow and Business Flex. Max 1 Bonus Credit per customer. Trade-in Credit and Bonus Credit applied as a once-off to your first or second monthly bill; forfeit if you cancel your Red Plan or MPP. Red Plans are only available if you simultaneously purchase a phone from Vodafone under a MPP of 12, 24 or 36 months duration (‘Commitment Period’). The outright price of your chosen device (as set by Vodafone at the time of purchase) will be spread in equal instalments over your MPP Commitment Period. Once selected, this commitment period is fixed (unless you elect to pay your total remaining balance in full in one instalment). Red Plan min monthly spend is 1 month plan fees. Must connect for minimum one month. Total min cost is 1 month plan fees plus 100% of the RRP of your chosen device. There is no Red Plan Early Exit Fee, however, if you choose to cancel your Red Plan, 100% of the remaining MPP instalments will be applied to your next bill (you cannot have an MPP without an active Red Plan). Recurring monthly plan fee charged until the end of the month in which you notify that you wish to cancel. Services subject to device capabilities, network limitations & customer location. Not for commercial or resale purposes. Offer not exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Subject to change.
3 Minute Read