For some time, we have been striving to foster a workplace culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees and customers. We are excited that our ongoing commitment to equality has been recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA), who have named us a WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation holder.
The WGEA Employer of Choice citation was created to recognise and encourage Australian organisations who are actively committed to achieving gender equality. To be recognised as an Employer of Choice is a great achievement and one that recognises all the great work we have done.
We continue to make a positive and meaningful impact to gender equality through initiatives such as:
- — Market-leading Parental Leave and return to work benefits.
- — SuperBump benefit: Vodafone’s “Super Bump” benefit provides an additional superannuation payment to eligible female employees to help address the discrepancy between men and women’s superannuation balances at retirement.
- — Vacation Care: We offer our employees a subsidised vacation care program held on site at Vodafone Central in North Sydney, reducing the interruptions that school holidays can cause and keeping kids safe and entertained while parents work close by.
- — Flexible work options: We offer a range of flexible work options to support our employees in balancing their work with their other commitments at home.
- — Leadership development opportunities: We offer employees a range of internal and external learning opportunities to help them progress their skills and achieve their career goals.
- — CodeHER and Coding Kids: We provide a range of technology-centric programs for our employees and their families to help teach vital STEM skills and bridge the generational knowledge gap between parents and kids.
- — Code Next: Through our partnership with Coder Academy we are able to deliver in-school coding classes to young women in NSW high schools, aiming to spark an interest in STEM subjects and empower them to pursue a career in technology.
The citation shows that we are moving in the right direction and motivates us to continue to improve and strengthen our initiatives.
For our employees, our customers and our community, we are determined to keep working towards achieving gender equality and inclusion in the workplace. We take immense pride in our company culture and believe it is a big part of what makes Vodafone such a great place to work.
This year, we are again taking our commitment to diversity to the public by supporting the 2019 Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. We are excited to #ConnectWithLove at Mardi Gras and continue celebrating throughout our three-year sponsorship.
At Vodafone, it is important for all our employees to feel valued. An open, collaborative and inclusive culture enables our people to achieve their best for themselves and for their colleagues, customers and the business. We are excited to keep working towards equality and are proud to be recognised for this commitment.
3 Minute Read