What is 5G Home Internet?
5G Home Internet enables households around Australia to access a 5G mobile network and use the fast speeds this technology can provide. The advanced technology that 5G is based on delivers high-speed internet connection via the same network that powers your mobile phone plans. This means you’ll be using the mobile network to access the internet from the comfort of your own home.
Opting for 5G over a fixed connection offers flexibility and a far more simple set-up, without the need for lengthy install wait times or a complex installation process. In the future, 5G technology has the potential to play a key role in advances in IoT (the Internet of Things), AI (Artificial Intelligence) and cloud computing.
Why choose Vodafone for your 5G home internet plan
- Road test your 5G home internet for free — It’s a good idea to sample the network you select when picking the right 5G home internet plan. That’s why it’s best to consider a provider that gives you the freedom to road test your plan before you make a commitment. To ensure you are satisfied with your experience and benefit from this advanced wireless technology, Vodafone gives you a one-month free trial to take your new 5G wireless broadband for a test run.
- Customer satisfaction guarantee — If you are not content with your 5G home internet plan, you can cancel at any time. With Vodafone, there is no lock-in contract, meaning you can simply return your modem within 30 days of cancellation. Of course, it goes without saying the modem needs to be in working order for it to be returned.
- $0 upfront for a 5G Home Broadband Modem — When you sign up for Vodafone’s 5G Home Internet Plan, you’ll receive your modem for $0 upfront when you stay connected for 36 months.
- Extra savings for current customers — If you have a current phone plan with Vodafone and you plan to sign up to a 5G home internet plan under the same account, you’ll receive a discount of $5 per month on your Home Internet plan when you stay connected to both plans.
- Flexibility — If you wish to change your Vodafone 5G Home Internet Plan, your new plan will commence immediately, and the charge of your new plan will start from your next monthly billing cycle. Simply contact Vodafone’s customer care team to make the switch.
- Fast speeds — Vodafone’s Premium 5G Home Internet Plan includes unlimited data, reaching off-peak speeds of up to 100Mbps (download) and 20Mbps (upload). It’s suitable for streaming 4K and HD videos, downloading large files, browsing through social media and partaking in online gaming. However, it’s important to note that the maximum speeds available on this plan (100/20 Mbps) are a limit on what speeds you can receive, not a measurement of what you will actually receive at all times. The Ultimate 5G Home Internet Plan also includes unlimited data at Max 5G Speed — which is the fastest speed the Vodafone network can deliver to you. Availability depends on the geography of your area, the building you are in and the placement of your modem.
- Easy and simple set-up — When you invest in a 5G wireless broadband connection, it’s a hassle and stress-free process. It’s as simple as signing up to a plan with a wireless modem and plugging it into a powerpoint. A technician and a phone line aren’t required, so all you need to do is check your home’s coverage, select your speed and get set up with a new 5G modem.
Other factors to consider when choosing a 5G home internet plan
Your current location
Vodafone has a 5G presence in 15 countries across the globe. In Australia, the 5G network is progressively rolling out to selected areas in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra, Perth, Gold Coast, Central Coast, Wollongong and the Sunshine Coast. Now available in selected areas of 1,000 Australian suburbs, over 1,000,000 customers are already benefitting from this network. With that said, your location will influence whether you are able to access a 5G home broadband plan.
You must determine whether there is coverage in your area and whether your address is eligible for 5G home internet. You can do this by entering your address into the Vodafone 5G address checker. If you plan to move in the near future, you should also check whether your new address is eligible. If 5G is not available in your new location, you can always opt for a 4G home broadband connection, if it’s available.
How you use your devices
Faster connectivity speeds, ultra-low latency and greater bandwidth are transforming the way we use our devices on a regular basis. With a 5G home internet plan, you’ll be able to stream and rapidly download full-length movies to your device, making your HD viewing experience great. If you rely on a network connection simply for browsing online, scrolling through social media or answering work emails from home, 5G will offer you fast speeds.
How many people use devices in your home
With more and more people working from home, many households now require high speeds for the daily tech activities they enjoy. If you have multiple people using the internet under one roof, investing in a 5G home broadband plan will mean you’ll be less likely to experience lag when you’re streaming content.
The 5G modem can operate with a maximum of 64 compatible Wi-Fi enabled devices at any one time. So whether you’re watching Netflix or participating in an interactive online game, 5G can handle fast speeds. This means you can enjoy a wide variety of lengthy content without waiting for it to download or buffer.
6 Minute Read