- Hot Offers
- Hot Offers
If you're reading this, the chances are your device isn’t working the way it's supposed to. The good news is that if you purchased your mobile phone, tablet or mobile broadband device from us within the last 24 months, it’s probably still under warranty. If after assessment we find that there’s a manufacturer’s defect, our team will either swap the device or arrange for the device to be repaired. Based on availability, the store may provide you with a loan phone.
The warranty doesn’t cover devices that are lost, stolen or physically damaged. If you took out insurance, you may be eligible to make a claim.
Please don't open the device or have it repaired by anyone other than Vodafone. The warranty will not apply if there are unauthorised repairs performed on the device. For more information on the warranty, check out our support article.
To make a claim under the warranty, bring the device to a Vodafone store. Once you’ve left the device with our team, you can track the status of the repair through our online tracking service.
Through participating stores, we may be able to swap the device for an identical refurbished device on the spot. These refurbished devices have been stripped back to their original factory settings and given a facelift with brand new bodies. Swap on the spot is only available for faults with the actual device – if the fault relates to a battery or other accessories, it will need to be sent to the service centre.
1. Vodafone's Repair Warranty terms (Repair Warranty) apply to all customers supplied with a new Nokia, Sony Ericsson, BlackBerry, LG, Samsung, Motorola, HTC and Huawei device(s) by Vodafone.
2. Subject to the clauses 5, the period of the Repair Warranty will be 24 months from the date of purchase. Faults arising outside of this period will not be covered by the Repair Warranty.
3. If a mobile phone covered by the Repair Warranty is found to be a faulty mobile phone within the applicable Repair Warranty period, the mobile phone will be repaired free of charge. To have a faulty mobile phone repaired under the Repair Warranty, just take it to your nearest Vodafone Store. If you are unable to make it to a Vodafone Store, please contact Customer Care on 1555 from your Vodafone mobile or 1300 650 410 from any other phone and you will be provided with further instructions and sent a reply paid envelope free of charge. Any other costs incurred while claiming this Warranty are to be paid by the customer.
4. There will be no limit on the number of repairs a customer may receive under the Repair Warranty.
5. The Repair Warranty Exclusions are as follows: (i) Subject to the inclusions of the applicable manufacturer's warranty, a mobile that has broken down or is damaged as a result of: (a) abuse or tampering, (b) electrical damage, moisture, dampness, oxidation, corrosion or food, dirt or liquid ingress (c) accident, neglect, impact, actual or attempted theft, fire, power outages or surges, or incorrect voltage, (d) transportation or packaging (e) removable batteries or damage caused by battery leakage (f) normal wear and tear (g) unauthorised modifications (h) misuse of the mobile or failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions (ii) Customers who have disconnected from the Vodafone Network. (iii) A mobile (or component) subject to a recall by the manufacturer, importer or government agency. (iv) You cannot transfer your Vodafone's Repair Warranty to another person or use it to cover a different mobile. (v) A mobile if the serial number has been removed or defaced. (vi) Replacement of lost or stolen mobiles. (vii) Accessories or other additional products, including any battery, charger, stylus, mobile case, aerials, earphones, hands free kits, USIM, software. (viii) Any loss of use of the mobile or any consequential loss. (ix) Any costs exceeding the replacement price of the mobile. (x) Any cost relating to incorrect installation of the mobile or connection to an incorrect power supply. (xi) Any decrease in value of the mobile. (xii) Any cost caused by or attributed to third party software. (xiii) Any repair cost if the information you supply is false, fraudulent, or otherwise incorrect. (xiv) Any repair costs if you fail to correctly follow the procedure detailed in this Repair Warranty. Any other exclusions set out in the applicable manufacturer's warranty. (xv) Any other exclusions set out in the applicable manufacturer's warranty.
6. The benefits given to you by the Repair Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have at law in relation to the handsets and devices purchased from Vodafone.
7. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or a refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are entitled to a replacement or a refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
8. The Repair Warranty is given by Vodafone Hutchison Australia Pty Limited (ABN 76 096 304 620) of 1/177 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, NSW 2060. You can contact Customer Care on 1555 from your Vodafone mobile or 1300 650 410 from any other phone.