Assisting you if you’re experiencing domestic or family violence.

When faced with domestic or family violence, we want to help you. We understand that in such events having access to communications is critical and you can talk to us about how we can further assist you.

Do you need immediate help?

If you are in a life threatening situation, you should call 000 immediately. If you think your communications or devices are being monitored, there are things you can do to improve your online safety.

How we can help.

Requesting an unwelcome call or message investigation

If you’re receiving unwelcome calls or messages as a result of domestic violence, you can request an investigation. You can find out more about the process for requesting an unwelcome call or message investigation on our support page.

Applying for financial hardship

If you’re experiencing financial hardship as a result of domestic violence, you can apply for help through our financial hardship program. You can find out more about the process for applying for financial hardship on our support page.

Transferring the mobile number into your name

If you’re experiencing, or have just left a domestic or family violence situation and you’d like to keep your mobile number but the account isn’t in your name, there may be instances where we can transfer the mobile number to you.

Please head in store or give us a call on 1300 650 410. Our team may be able to assist by transferring your mobile number into your name.

You’ll need to bring these documents in store:

  • Relevant identification, such as a drivers license or Medicare card and
  • A Statutory Declaration witnessed by an authorised person that you are, or have been the subject of domestic or family violence; and
  • In some cases we may also require you to support your request by supplying an AVO/police report/court order/ or a letter from a domestic violence or community shelter and
  • The device associated to the mobile number you’ve been using

Our team will then verify these documents and we’ll send a one-time passcode to the mobile number associated with the service to prove your relationship with that mobile number.

Where can I get further help?

If you’d like further assistance, check out Family Violence Law Help or the Department of Social Services.