Enjoy peace of mind when you purchase a new mobile or modem from Vodafone.
With Vodafone's repair warranty you are provided with FREE protection from the cost of repairing a defective device for 2 years from the date of purchase!
This warranty offer applies to new Apple®*, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, BlackBerry, LG, Samsung, Motorola, HTC and Huawei devices purchased from Vodafone after 1 January 2010, and Apple devices purchased from Vodafone after 21 February 2011, on:
*Apple purchases prior to 21 February, 2011: will be supported by the manufacturer's (Apple Inc.) warranty. Apple mobile phone and 24 month iPad 2 plan purchases sold from 21 Februrary, 2011: will be supported by the Vodafone Repair Warranty. Any prepaid or 12 month iPad 2 plan purchases will be supported by the manufacturer's (Apple Inc.) 12 month warranty.
Provides customers with a 2-year warranty from the date of purchase on new Apple®*, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, BlackBerry, LG, Samsung, Motorola, HTC and Huawei devices at no charge.
Protects you from repair costs from defective mobiles.
Quick processing of claims with no excess charges!
Vodafone will repair mobiles which are found by Vodafone to be defective^ during the 2 Year Warranty Period. Repair means the restoration of a broken, damaged, or failed device, or part to an acceptable operating or usable condition or state (using parts of a like kind and quality).
You can make more than one claim for the same mobile during the Warranty Period.
If you leave Vodafone, but keep the same mobile you can still make a claim during the manufacturer's warranty period.
^Defective means, during ordinary use, the mobile ceases to operate or function as set out in the relevant product manual or specifications, due to a defect in materials, design or workmanship but does not include physical damage or liquid ingress.
*Apple® purchases prior to 21/02/2011: Will be supported by the manufacturer's (Apple® Inc.) warranty. Apple® mobile phone and 24 month iPad2 plan purchases sold from 21/02/2011: Will be supported by the Vodafone Repair Warranty. Any prepaid or 12 month iPad 2 plan purchases will be supported by the manufacturer's (Apple® Inc.) 12 month warranty.
Subject to the inclusions of the applicable manufacturer's warranty, a mobile that has broken down or is damaged as a result of:
If your mobile is defective during Vodafone's Warranty Period, all you need to do is:
1. Check that the mobile is within the 2 year Warranty Period; and
2. Bring your mobile into any Vodafone Store. Please do not send it to us by post. If you are unable to make it to a Vodafone Store please contact Customer Care on 1555 from your Vodafone mobile or 1300 650 410 from any other phone
3. Please do not try to fix the mobile yourself or get it fixed by someone other than Vodafone. Vodafone's Warranty does not apply if you have unauthorised repairs performed on your mobile1.
1Where your mobile has previously been repaired under the manufacturer's warranty or a supplier's statutory guarantees, pursuant to the provisions of the Australia Consumer Law, provided these repairs were authorised by the manufacturer or importer.
4. Your mobile will be examined by a Service Centre which will determine if the defect is within the terms of Vodafone's Warranty.
5. Any repairs carried out under Vodafone's Warranty will be performed by the Service Centre. We will contact you to let you know when you can pick up your Repaired mobile, and you will be able to pick up your repaired device at the same place that you dropped it off. We will not be able to send your mobile back to you via post.
6. If it is determined that the Defect falls outside the Vodafone Warranty, we will:
a. Let you know the cost of any repairs, if we can repair the mobile; and
b. Only carry out the repairs if you have consented to this.
1. Vodafone's Repair Warranty terms (Repair Warranty) apply to all customers supplied with a new Nokia, Sony Ericsson, BlackBerry, LG, Samsung, Motorola, HTC and Huawei device(s) by Vodafone on or after 1 January 2010, and to all customers supplied with a new Apple® device on or after 21 February 2011.
2. Subject to the clauses 3 and 6, the period of the Repair Warranty will be 24 months from the date of purchase. Faults arising outside of this period will not be covered by the Repair Warranty.
3. If a mobile phone is provided in conjunction with a service contract and that service contract is terminated before the end of its initial term, the Repair Warranty will apply until the service contract is terminated.
4. If a mobile phone covered by the Repair Warranty is found to be a faulty mobile phone within the applicable Repair Warranty period, the mobile phone will be repaired free of charge. To have a faulty mobile phone repaired under the Repair Warranty, just take it to your nearest Vodafone Store. If you are unable to make it to a Vodafone Store, please contact Customer Care on 1555 from your Vodafone mobile or 1300 650 410 from any other phone.
5. There will be no limit on the number of free repairs a customer may receive under the Repair Warranty.
6. The Repair Warranty Exclusions are as follows: (i) Subject to the inclusions of the applicable manufacturer's warranty, a mobile that has broken down or is damaged as a result of: (a) abuse or tampering, (b) electrical damage, moisture, dampness, oxidation, corrosion or food, dirt or liquid ingress (c) accident, neglect, impact, actual or attempted theft, fire, power outages or surges, or incorrect voltage, (d) transportation or packaging (e) removable batteries or damage caused by battery leakage (f) normal wear and tear (g) unauthorised modifications (h) misuse of the mobile or failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions (ii) Customers who have disconnected from the Vodafone Network. (iii) Apple® purchases prior to 21/02/2011: Will be supported by the manufacturer's (Apple® Inc.) warranty. Apple® mobile phone and 24 month iPad2 plan purchases sold from 21/02/2011: Will be supported by the Vodafone Repair Warranty. Any prepaid or 12 month iPad 2 plan purchases will be supported by the manufacturer's (Apple® Inc.) 12 month warranty(iv) A mobile (or component) subject to a recall by the manufacturer, importer or government agency. (v) You cannot transfer your Vodafone's Repair Warranty to another person or use it to cover a different mobile. (vi) A mobile if the serial number has been removed or defaced. (vii) Replacement of lost or stolen mobiles. (viii) Accessories or other additional products, including any battery, charger, stylus, mobile case, aerials, earphones, hands free kits, USIM, software. (ix) Any loss of use of the mobile or any consequential loss. (x) Any costs exceeding the replacement price of the mobile. (xi) Any cost relating to incorrect installation of the mobile or connection to an incorrect power supply. (xii) Any decrease in value of the mobile. (xiii) Any cost caused by or attributed to third party software. (xiv) Any repair cost if the information you supply is false, fraudulent, or otherwise incorrect. (xv) Any repair costs if you fail to correctly follow the procedure detailed in this Repair Warranty. Any other exclusions set out in the applicable manufacturer's warranty. (xvi) Any other exclusions set out in the applicable manufacturer's warranty.
7. The benefits given to you by the Repair Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have at law in relation to the handsets and devices purchased from Vodafone.
8. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or a refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
9. The Repair Warranty is given by Vodafone Hutchison Australia Pty Limited (ABN 76 096 304 620) of 40 Mount Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060. You can contact Customer Care on 1555 from your Vodafone mobile or 1300 650 410 from any other phone.