- Hot Offers
- Hot Offers
This support article will assist you with common international roaming issues:
• Connecting to a roaming network.
• Making calls and sending text messages.
• Accessing roaming data.
If you have roaming active on your account, once you arrive in your destination, you should automatically connect to a network. If you’re unable to connect to a network, try these troubleshooting steps first:
1. Try switching your device off and on again.
2. Make sure international roaming is active on your account. You can manage your roaming settings through My Vodafone.
3. Make sure international roaming is available where you are. Check our roaming countries for more information.
Here are some other solutions that may help when roaming. If you’ve tried these solutions and still can’t connect to a roaming network, give us a call on +61 426 320 000.
Try these device and network settings troubleshooting steps:
1. Check that your device is set up to automatically select a network.
2. Check that your device’s network mode is set to automatic.
3. Check that your device isn’t in airplane or flight mode.
4. Check that your device is compatible with our roaming partners’ networks. See ‘Will my phone work overseas?’
If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, try resetting the network:
1. Open ‘Settings’
2. Tap ‘General’
3. Tap ‘Reset’
4. Tap ‘Reset Network Settings’
Resetting your iPhone or iPad’s network settings will delete any saved WiFi networks and paired Bluetooth.
Here are solutions for making calls, sending text messages and accessing roaming data. For additional information, check out our network troubleshooting guide.
If you’re connected to a roaming network but unable to make calls or send text messages, try these troubleshooting steps:
1. Make sure you’re dialling the correct number format.
2. Check that you’ve paid your bill. If your account is overdue, your service may have call barring active. To have it lifted, give us a call on +61 426 320 000.
If you’re connected to a roaming network but unable to access data roaming, try these troubleshooting steps:
1. Check that your device has data roaming switched on.
2. Make sure roaming data is available where you are. Check the roaming rates page for more information.