Financial hardship.

COVID-19 update: Feel immediately reassured about your network connection. We will not be charging any late payment fees and there will be no suspension of services until after 30th of April. We will review the situation after that date. If you can bring your account up to date by the 30th of April, then you do not need to register for a hardship arrangement.

At Vodafone, we understand that life can take unexpected turns. If you’re facing financial hardship, we’re here to help.

Financial hardship can happen for many reasons including loss of income or property, sudden illness or injury, change of family circumstances or as a result of natural disasters such as bushfire, flood, earthquake, drought or the current COVID-19 situation. It can affect your financial situation for a short while or you may need assistance for longer. If your ability to make a payment has been impacted, please let us know. It’s best to apply for financial hardship right away, so we can help you sooner.

How we can help.

If you need more time to pay your overdue balance, complete a Financial Hardship Application Form and post it to PO Box 1113, North Sydney, NSW 2060. You can also send the form by email to

Alternatively, you can complete our Financial hardship online form.

To help us assess your application, we’ll need:

  • Your Vodafone account number
  • Contact details
  • Reason for financial hardship
  • Income details
  • Total expenses

Sometimes, we may also require supporting documentation. This can include payslips, Centrelink statements, bank statements and medical certificates. If this is the case, we’ll let you know.

Our Financial Assistance team will work with you to determine how we can best assist you. Some of the solutions we offer are:

  • Spend controls
  • Restriction of service
  • Data capped plans
  • Payment arrangements – length depending on your circumstances
  • Payment extensions
  • Waiving of late payment or cancellation fees
  • Bill waivers in exceptional circumstances

There’s no charge for making an application or entering into any Financial Hardship Arrangement.

Where can I get further help?

If you need more assistance, you can call the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 to get free and independent advice from a financial counsellor over the phone. They are available between 9.30am-4.30pm from Monday to Friday. You can also find a financial counsellor in your local area online.

Here are other resources and organisations that you might find useful.

Additonal information.

I want to download the Vodafone Financial Hardship policy.
How can I manage my spend?

The best way to keep track of your plan cost is through My Vodafone. You can use My Vodafone to check your usage, view any extra charges and manage your bills.

We also have Vodafone Alerts which notify you via SMS or email when you’ve used 50%, 85% and 100% of your plan’s data or inclusions.

For more help, check out our support article on managing data usage.

What happens after I apply for financial hardship?

Our Financial Assistance team will be in touch to discuss how they can help you. They may request supporting documentation or additional information about your circumstances.

Do I have to provide all the information you require?

Yes, it’s important that you provide us with all the required information. Otherwise, we’ll be unable to assess your application.

The information you provide must not be false, incomplete or misleading. If this is the case, we may be unable to assess your application. We may also cancel any Financial Hardship Arrangement in the future.

How will my personal information be handled?

Your personal information will be handled in line with the Vodafone Privacy Policy.

Will I still be able to use my service if I apply for financial hardship?

Each application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. We will work with you to try and keep you connected.

How can I make a complaint about Vodafone?

Your feedback is important to us. If you’re not happy with our products or service, we’d like to know.

To make a complaint, use our online form.

If we’re unable to agree on a resolution, you can contact an external organisation for support and advice, including the:


For more information, check out our support article on making a complaint.